Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am not a hut person...and that's ok!

I find myself in coversations daily about going to Africa and there are always many questions. here are some of my favorites with my answers (actual answers and the ones I give because it's fun)!

- Are you taking your children with you?
* (sometimes I jokingly give this answer) No, I'm done with them-would you like them?
* Yes, we are taking our children. We are a family and have been appointed as missionaries
together.

- How will you get your food?
* jokingly, sort-of: Dave will have to hunt for our food everyday and the rest we will buy from the market along the side of the road.
* There is a grocery store. Dave is not planning to hunt, however, the items in the store vary daily, as will as the hours they are open. we will probably buy produce along the side of the road and soak it in bleach/water.

-Bleach/water? Isn't that bad for you?
*Not as bad as getting a parasite! The bleach/water solution is a very specific ratio and you really don't taste it...very much!

- MY FAVORITE- Are you going to live in a hut?
* Dave and I are not hut people.
We will be in the capitol city in Mozambique and are planning to have a house. We might not have glass windows but that might be more practical in the long run. There are many missionaries, in many parts of the world and we feel that right now, God has called us to Maputo, Mozambique.

No comments: